What's currently known of this family is primarily in connection with our BUSH family. Eleanor ENGLAND, (bap Aug 13, 1692, Batheaston), m. William BUSH, bef 1715, Batheaston; (highly documented as BUSH in the Bitton area).
We have Eleanor ENGLAND's parents as William & Ann. Eleanor had a brother, William, maltster who lived/died at Batheaston (will dated 23 Feb, 1749; no issue). Their parents are now known to be William ENGLAND/Ann DYER; William in turn a s/o Anthony ENGLAND/Eleanor BLANCHARD
We welcome additional participation about this family. Meanwhile, here are some references from the Somerset Record Office:
- In an Indenture held at Somerset Record Office dated 1719, William ENGLAND of Batheaston, yeoman was only son and heir of William ENGLAND, carpenter and Ann his wife.
- Another document of 1719 refers to William ENGLAND of Batheaston, malster, and Anthony ENGLAND dec'd late grandfather of William ENGLAND in Shockerwick cum Batheaston
- Pre-nuptial marriage settlement of William ENGLAND of Batheaston, carpenter, s. Anthony and Eleanor (nee BLANCHARD) and Ann d. Eleanor DYER of St Catherine, 1691 (property in Manor of Shockerwick with Batheaston). Ref. DD\X\KEN/5; Date: 1677-1749
- Probate copies of the wills of
- William BLANCHARD of Batheaston, gent., 1677, proved 1678, with inventory
- William WHINEARD alias ENGLAND of Batheaston, maltster, 1707, proved 1708
- Ann ENGLAND of Batheaston, wid., 1711, proved 1711
- William ENGLAND of Batheaston, maltster, 1749
ResearchersClick on the names of researchers to see their additional interests and contact information on the Researcher page.
Marsha, Martin, Rosemary, Sarah